Tuesday Ten: Russ Cohen
What is Tuesday Ten?
Tuesday Ten is a quick 10-minute chat with leaders and up-and-comers in the world of sports. On Tuesday, May 13, I was honored to have sportswriter, author and radio host Russ Cohen joining me on the show.
- Russ Cohen is an accomplished writer for www.sportsology.info and radio host for the Sportsology Radio Network and covers multiple sports including writing specifically about the . He has numerous articles published on NHL.com and other team websites as well as Slam, CSNPhilly.com and FoxSports.com. Some of his articles have appeared in Canadian Sports Collector, Goalie News, New England Hockey Journal, The Hockey News, Beckett Hockey, Blueshirt Bulletin, NHL Publications and he has a monthly column in Center Ice Magazine that is distributed to every amateur hockey rink in Pennsylvania. Russ has been asked to be a guest on several radio shows as a respected and valued expert on sports and has extensive AM radio experience including Hockey Prospect Radio on NHL Network Radio for the last 8 years, plus TSN 1050 and Sportstalkny WLIE 540 AM. He also contributes to the Cardboard Connection radio show every week including road shows. His articles have been syndicated in newspapers across the country in Metro and the Bucks County Courier Times. His first book “100 Ranger Greats“ was released in 2009 and “Strike Three” a baseball book was released in April 2010. His third book “The Winter Classic: the NHL’s Savior” was released in November 2012. “Baseball’s Best Rookies” was released October 2013 on Motivational Press. 100 Things New York Rangers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die; Raider/Cohen (Triumph Books; scheduled for 2014) is my next book.
After connecting with Russ on Twitter, it was enjoyable to connect with him face-to-face via Google+ Hangout. Hockey, baseball, social media and more was on the agenda tonight. And, we squeezed it all into 10 minutes. Here are the highlights:
- 1:16 – Introduction to Russ Cohen
- 2:23 – Keys to the success of this year’s Stanley Cup Playoffs
- 3:08 – Russ discusses the genesis of his book “The Winter Classic – The NHL’s Savior”
- 4:41 – Switching gears: Learning about Mike Trout and other MLB rookies in “Baseball’s Best Rookies”
- 5:24 – A few of Russ’ favorite teams
- 6:36 – Utilizing social media to help build Sportsology and connect with fans
And yes, my #PredictionsDoomedToFail jinx was passed on to Russ tonight as he made his prediction for Game 7 between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers (8:45 mark). Sorry, Russ.
Join me next Tuesday, May 20, at the regular time (5pm PT/8pm ET) when I’ll be joined by Social Media Strategist, Joe Scott. Joe works with some high profile clients, including the Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald.
To stay in the loop on all of the latest Tuesday Ten shows, SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel here