Tuesday Ten is a quick 10-minute chat with leaders and up-and-comers in the world of sports in: media/broadcasting, business/marketing, social media and more. On this episode of Tuesday Ten, I was joined by Josh Decker, CEO/Founder of Tagboard.
What is Tagboard? “Tagboard is a software platform that uses the hashtag to aggregate social media for end-users, brands, agencies and marketers, displaying content from multiple networks in a comprehensive and engaging visual format. “
Now, normally, the show — since it’s called Tuesday Ten — last just 10 short minutes. But, there are times when questions need to be asked and topics require discussion. I wanted to make sure Josh was able to highlight all the different positive aspects of Tagboard, but I also had one more important question to ask at the end. If there was one overriding theme to our discussion, you’ll get a sense of where my Tuesday Ten show might be headed in the future.
- 0:46 – Quick intro (bio) from Josh Decker
- 2:04 – Businesses, teams & leagues Tagboard works with
- 5:41 – How Tagboard works (screen shots included) and the impact in real-time connection with fans and customers
- 8:26 – Other examples of utilizing hashtags beyond sports
- 9:39 – Hashtags bring the fans into the conversation…even on a team that’s losing (signal-to-noise ratio)
- 11:46 – Audience comments (question) How does the monitoring of comments work within Tagboard
- 12:56 – It’s all in how you use it within your social media strategy
- 13:51 – Audience question Using user-generated-content (UGC) to go beyond the #’s with respect to fan/customer engagement or connection
- 17:47 – Fun sports discussion
- 19:50 – Giving back…Community
- 20:33 – Working with non-profits, states Civic Value
- 21:36 – Unique ways people have used hashtags on Tagboard
- 21:50 – Power of the hashtag (utilizing Tagboard) to mobilize for a cause
- 23:34 – Connecting with Josh and Tagboard
Connect with Josh and Tagboard:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jdbt
- Website: https://tagboard.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tagboard
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tagboard
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/tagboard
Join me for the next Tuesday Ten, when I’ll be joined by Lauren Teague, Social Media Manager from the PGA Tour. Same time, same Chica-location on Google+. OR, subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay up to date on all of my latest shows.