No one ever said I was tech-savvy. Forgetting the basics of a Hangout On Air, I opened the show…without really opening the show. You’ll see Debi’s beautiful face and my voice to open the show.
Thankfully, Debi Davis is so savvy and smart – she knows to just go with the flow. And, to bring the goods.
Debi joined me on Tuesday, January 6th, to discuss the upcoming World Alpine Ski Championships that will be coming to Vail, Colorado on February 2nd. The event runs from the 2nd through the 15th with an estimated crowd of well over 100,000 expected to descend upon Vail and the surrounding communities. It’s a combination of sports, business and social media on this episode of Tuesday Ten with CadChica Sports.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS (video below)
- 01:08 – What is a Social Media Strategist?
- 02:04 – Where is Eagle, Colorado in relation to Vail where the championships taking place?
- 02:17 – How is Debi working with local businesses to attract some of the over 100k people that are expected to descend upon Vail, Eagle and the surrounding areas?
- 03:45 – What social platforms are you using to help businesses connect with fans?
- 04:51 – Social Media Case Study surrounding the event (in conjunction with the Plus Your Business G+ Community)
- 06:35 – Understanding leads to embrace (Google+)
- 07:45 – Focus. Denver Broncos elimination from the playoffs and how it helps the event.
- 08:54 – The whole world is watching – an event of this magnitude has what kind of effect?
- 10:53 – Ski Bum Debi. Testing the runs yet?
- 12:26 – Talking about hashtags!! #Vail2015 #EagleCO
- 13:08 – Have the athletes embraced the hashtags?
- 14:02 – Twitter handles and lists
- 15:03 – Google Doc coming soon!!!
- 15:59 – CONNECTION
Watch the show below or view on Google+:
WHO IS DEBI DAVIS?
Debi turns ideas into action. The strategies she designs follow a simple three-step model of “frame, focus, and follow through.”
State-of-the-art communication and social media technology are an integral part of all her projects. Her specialties are Google+ Hangouts, communication strategy and project management.
Debi also has a background in ski racing administration. For twelve years she served as Race Administrator and Membership Director for the Rocky Mountain Masters Ski Team. So it’s no surprise that she is excited about the upcoming FIS World Alpine Championships taking place right in her backyard, in Vail, Colorado.
Debi is combining her love for the sport of ski racing with her formidable project management skills to lead a team of Google advocates who are putting the neighboring mountain town of Eagle, CO on Google Maps. Debi and her team are ensuring that restaurants, hotels, spas and shops of Eagle are optimized and at the fingertips of 150,000 mobile device carrying fans and spectators during the two-week event.
The project is being documented on Google at +EagleCO Vail2015 and on @SkiMasters on Twitter.
- G+ Profile: bit.ly/1BdCCka
- G+ Page: bit.ly/1xOPQkX
- Twitter: @DebDrive
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/debidavis/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/3DCommunications
Join me Tuesday, January 20, when my Tuesday Ten guest will be Adam Ledyard, Sports Information Director at East Texas Baptist University. Adam will be the first in a series of guests as part of my media partnership with Q1 Productions and the Sports Fan Engagement Forum.
The Sports Fan Engagement Forum is bringing together the best leaders and innovators in sports marketing who are connecting with fans in engaging and creative ways. It’s a unique opportunity to network at #q1SFE15. Sign up for the forum and received $100 off your registration by entering code CADCHICA. Details here.