On Tuesday, February 17, I was be joined by Brian Costello from Portland Timbers FC and the Portland Thorns. Brian appeared as part of my media partnership with Q1 Productions. Q1 is hosting the 2nd Annual Sports Fan Engagement Forum in Kansas City, MO, March 2-3, 2015.
Details on how you can get $100 off your registration at the end of the post.
WHO IS BRIAN COSTELLO?
Costello is heading into his fifth season as the Director of Digital Media and Editor-in-Chief for the Portland Timbers of Major League Soccer—one of the leading sports organizations in North America. Overseeing the Timbers digital content and social media voice across a multitude of platforms, Costello was named Major League Soccer’s Digital Editor of the Year in 2011. In 2013, he helped launch a new digital content plan for the Portland Thorns FC of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) on their run to the inaugural NWSL 2013 Championship. Prior to joining the Timbers and Thorns, Costello ran communications for the Portland Institute for Contemporary Art, collaborated with a French theatre collective in a Brussels writing residency, produced documentaries, and was an assistant to filmmaker Darren Aronofsky on Requiem for a Dream. He has over 15 years’ experience in crafting narratives from his work in writing, contemporary art, journalism, documentary production, branded entertainment and independent filmmaking.
- 01:12 – Intro to Brian Costello
- 01:23 – Who is Brian and what does he do?
- 02:15 – Double major in theater and history with a minor in East Asia studies…and he works in sports???
- 05:35 – Passionate fans like Portland Timbers fans – does that put a demand on the content Brian and his team provide? (Key: authenticity)
- 07:33 – Engaging with different levels of fans – his topic at Q1’s Sports Fan Engagement Forum.
- 09:19 – What drew him to the Q1 Forum.
- 11:19 – Connect with Brian, the Portland Timbers, Thorns and Timbers 2
- Twitter: @bacostello
With Portland Timbers FC
- Website: timbers.com
- Twitter: @TimbersFC
- Facebook: Portland Timbers
- Instagram: TimbersFC
- YouTube: TimbersFC
The fourth and final guest in my Q1 series of guests will be Rocky Harris, Senior Associate AD with the Arizona State Sun Devils. As someone who grew up going to Arizona State football games, I am looking forward to this conversation. Join us next Tuesday at a special time, 9:30 am PT/12:30 pm ET.
Q1 is bringing together some of the best and brightest minds in the world of sports to discuss fan engagement next month in Kansas City. To receive $100 off your Sports Fan Engagement Forum registration, use code ‘CADCHICA’ when you sign-up here.