From Kansas City, MO to Spokane, WA to Miami, FL.
That’s been my adventure the past two weeks. Long enough to connect with family, but not quite long enough to absorb one trip versus another.
As I type this, I am sitting on a balcony in downtown Miami overlooking the city from a 29th floor apartment. Having finished up the Media Day here for the Miami e-Prix, my mind is wandering back to last week. It was last week in Kansas City, Missouri where I attended the 2nd Annual Sports Fan Engagement Forum.
The forum brought together some of the best and brightest in sports that work in the digital and social space. A grand collection of smart, wisdom and innovation all in one room was an encouraging sign for the future in sports. CadChica Sports was a media partner with forum host, Q1 Productions.
Reflecting on something that happened over a week ago isn’t always easy. In the fast-paced world of sports and social media, it’s on to the next thing. That next thing is Meerkat.
Meerkat didn’t make the round of topics in Kansas City, but it did make it into a conversation I had with fellow media partner, Tom Buchheim (fourthand140.com), this past Tuesday.
It was a treat to meet Tom, in person, putting a real-life face to his Twitter avatar. He is definitely someone
- 1:13 – Intro to Tom and fourthand140
- 2:43 – Difference between the first one last year and this year’s forum
- 5:19 – Tom’s Day One Recap: making it best for the fan
- 6:21 – Respecting the fan emotion when winning or losing
- 8:47 – Day One Hot Topics: Facebook, Snapchat and Google+
- 10:00 – Snapchat panel with Alex Restrepo
- 13:00 – This generation’s radio…is mobile
- 15:00 – Do sports teams (the social/digital teams) overthink it?
- 16:06 – The people Tom was excited to meet (Kelly Mosier love)
- 17:59 – Who was I excited to meet??? (Tuesday Ten guests)
- 22:00 – Crisis PR in sports: Tom’s take (think: Baltimore Ravens)
- 25:00 – In a crisis, when should a social media response take place?
- 27:50 – Meerkat? In sports? The future?
- 33:27 – Topics Tom’s looking to write more about from the forum
- 35:58 – Connect with Tom on social media
Thank you Q1.